PSA: If the ‘Export Template…’ File menu option isn’t available in Visual Studio 2010, it’s probably because you imported your settings from a previous version of Visual Studio (I did because I use custom text coloring). To get this option back, you can either:
Reset your settings. This is a bummer because all of your coloring goes back to default too, though you could just re-import them after you’ve done your export work.
Or, even better:
- Go to Tools, then “Customize…”, then click the “Commands” tab.
- At the top of the dialog is a radio button called Menu bar with a dropdown next to it. Select “File” from that dropdown.
- Click the “Add Command” button.
- In the dialog that appears, from the Categories list, select File.
- Scroll through the commands list to find “Export Template…” and select it.
- Click Ok and use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to move it down near all the other save commands (I put mine last of the save’s).